The official website for the forthcoming TV anime adaptation of Kennoji’s fantasy light novel series Cheat Kusushi no Slow Life – Isekai ni Tsukuro Drugstore / Drugstore in Another World: The Slow Life of a Cheat Pharmacist has posted a 40-second teaser PV to announce its July 7, 2021 premiere on TOKYO MX and BS11 in Japan. The clip also intoroduces the anime’s main character voices in a disjointed order.
— TVアニメ「チート薬師のスローライフ」公式 (@cheat_kusushi) May 26, 2021
Main voice cast:
- Reiji Kirio: Jun Fukushima (Kazuma in KonoSuba: God’s Blessing on this Wonderful World!)
- Noela: Risae Matsuda (Hakumei in Hakumei and Mikochi)
- Mina: Akane Kumada (Ichiko Oda in Oda Cinnamon Nobunaga)
- Elaine: Satsumi Matsuda (Shoko Hoshi in The [email protected] Cinderella Girls)
- Annabelle: Mariko Higashiuchi (Lucy Morstan in Case File nº221: Kabukicho)
- Egil: Fumiko Uchimura (Horn in How Not to Summon a Demon Lord)
- Director: Masafumi Sato (Denkigai no Honya-san)
- Screenplay/Series composition writer: Hiroko Kanesugi (My Mental Choices are Completely Interfering with my School Romantic Comedy)
- Anime character designer: Estuko Sumimoto (As Miss Beelzebub Likes it.)
- Art director: Kenichi Tajiri
- Color designer: Tomoaki Nakano
- Director of photography: Jiro Tazawa
- Sound director: Ryosuke Naya
- Music: Tomoki Kikutani (Yuuna and the Haunted Hot Springs)
- Music production: Lantis
- Anime production: EMT Squared (Kuma Kuma Kuma Bear)
- Production: Cheat Pharmacist Production Committee
The novel was first serialized in the user-generated novel publishing website Shousetsuka ni Narou from 2016, then its print edition has been published by Hifumi Shobo’s light novel imprint Brave Bunko since April 2018 and has released five volumes. This is the first series from the Brave Bunko imprint to get its anime adaptation.
Novel’s first volume synopsis:
Reiji, who was tired of living life as a corporate slave, suddenly realizes that he’s been reincarnated into another world. He acquires the skill of creating medicine, which disappoints him because it is not a combat skill. However, the potions he makes with the skill quickly became popular, and he decided to open a drugstore with the money he earned. He enjoys a slow life, using his medicine creating skill to fulfill the requests of the rare customers who come to his store. This is a heartwarming fantasy about an ordinary young man who used to be a company employee but now lives in a country town in another world.
(C) Kennoji/Hifumi Shobo, Cheat Yakushi Production Committee